h1

Given the New Looneys in Congress Expect More in 2011

December 14, 2010

(

TIE for first place) “I’m not a witch.”
—Christine O’Donnell, television advertisement, Oct. 4. [Responding to this clip that Bill Maher aired in Sept.]

(TIE for first place) “I’d like my life back.”
—Tony Hayward, comment to reporters, May 30

“I hope that’s not where we’re going, but you know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies. They’re saying: My goodness, what can we do to turn this country around?”
—Sharron Angle, radio interview in January

“They should never have put me with that woman. … She was just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be Labour.”
—Gordon Brown comments [into a live lapel microphone he forgot he was wearing] about a voter he met while campaigning for British general election, Apr. 28

“I apologize.”
—Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), apologizing to BP from his House Energy Committee seat after the oil giant agreed to set aside $20 billion to pay claims from the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

“I haven’t seen a half-monkey, half-person yet.”
—Glenn Beck, on why he believes evolution is a hoax

“We had no domestic attacks under Bush; we’ve had one under Obama.”
—Rudy 9/11

“Before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say, ‘I’ll paint your house.’ I mean, that’s the old days of what people would do to get health care with your doctors. Doctors are very sympathetic people. I’m not backing down from that system.”
—Sue Lowden, who lost her primary to the even crazier Sharron Angle

“Another thing we can do for jobs is make toys of me, especially for the holidays.”
—Alvin Greene, astonishingly…again, I say, astonishingly…the South Carolina Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate.

“I made my money the old-fashioned way, I inherited it. I think that’s a great thing to do.”
—Failed West Virginia senate candidate John Raese

“Trust me. After taxes, a million dollars is not a lot of money.”
—Michael Steele

“I’ll take you out, buddy!”
—N.Y. Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino (another fine tea party darling) threatening a reporter for The New York Post or propositioning a gay guy, I forget which.

Advertisements

6 comments

  1. Ha ha!!! I love it.. the Lefties also have their bunch as well. Who knows what will happen next year… They will all be wasting $$~our cash. That’s fer shore.


    • I’m sick and tired of “Oh, you lefties are just as bad.” Really? Who? And since this is just a tiny sample of the idiotic lunacy of the rightwing nuts, one or two examples of a lefty saying something dopey isn’t enough.

      Face it. The rightwing elevates that craziest, most dangerous lunatics as its stars. Terrifying that they think this is smart. Even more terrifying that some people really buy it.


  2. We’ll be waiting for you to post those “lefties are just as bad” quotes.

    Waiting…..


  3. The candidacy of Alvin Greene in S. Carolina was no more astonishing than the similar candidacy of Jim Rogers in Oklahoma.

    Both Green and Rogers defeated credible candidates in their respective Democratic primaries.


  4. I just knew someone would take that ‘lefty’ stuff and prove my point!

    The problem with this country today is that it is DIVIDED.. the media, politics and economy have initiated a major split..

    Sad as it is.. those are the facts..

    Liberty stands in Harbor today scratching her head..


  5. Divided – one side for the top 2% the other for the other 98%. Costs a lot to fool that many people.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: